Saturday, April 2, 2011

Week Fourteen: Sleepless

As part of the exercises I regularly do to hone my writing craft, I create pieces gleaned from the imagined views and perspective of characters I am developing along with a healthy dose of romantic, dramatic flare. Makes for some interesting and varied reading. I hope you enjoy!

Blessings! Cass


Sleep won’t take me to the shores of dreams
Drenched in moonlight and beckoning
There is no rest for my wretched heart
Ticking like a time bomb and aching.

I beg and cajole that Sweet Slumber
To steal me away to Dreaming
There rules don’t rule and
Love’s erotic play plays out;
In that silvery landscape, there is no limit
We can have whatever we imagine.

A sensory feast to savor is what I would dream.
Rich and warm and sultry.
I want it all; Hands, heart and soul, too
You give them over freely.
Tip a wine cup to anoint us,
Naked
Coiled
Unashamed
Poplar and teak, fair and dark,
Our union harmonizing and deep
Honey-scented passion play is headier than mead.
Drunk and sated in each other’s arms
That’s the dream I long for.

But sleep won’t take me to lay with you
On the twilit shores of What-if and I Wonder,
I toss, awake to seek comfort where I can find it.
Cool and impartial powers have inserted themselves
Short circuiting my plans to love you.
Integrity and Truth; cold comfort, indeed
Offer no soft ground to rest upon.

The Great Bard wrote of star-crossed lovers
In truth, I must be Juliet to call into the night
“Wherefore art thou?”
Cast the bones and gaze into the ball
And conjure up a wish-fed spell.
There is no earthly realm to hold Us.
Shall ever meet you on the shores of dreams?
I think, yes.
Unrequited.
Bound.
Hopeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. Please remember their are actual humans with feelings on the other end...civility is required.