Sunday, May 9, 2010

Moonbeams in Her Hair

Mother’s Day.
A sweet pause in the hectic pace
To say thank you
I love you.
To bring a flower cup overflowing
With bloomed love
And offer it in child hands
To Mom
From Me
Your Daughter.
There is time to see the stars in her eyes
The ones that are the constellations
To navigate by.
There is time to hear her heart beat
The rhythm known before the first breath
The primordial pace of life.
There is time to dance in the elation of her laughter
Shared to keep the monsters at bay.
There is time in the sweet pause
On Mother’s Day
To hear her wisdom
She plucked moonbeams from her hair
And gave them to me
So I could go more surely into the world
Adorned in my mother’s moonbeams
Worn like an Amazonian priestess' headdress.
She has gifted me her power
And I wield it with all the skillfulness
She imbued in me.
Walk the good red road
Speak the Truth
Fear not
Be kind
Love all.
The flower of my heart unfurls
One petal at a time
To reveal the gratitude rooted there
In the center of my being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. Please remember their are actual humans with feelings on the other end...civility is required.