Saturday, May 8, 2010

More Illuminations from Chucky the Cat

This morning I related my tale featuring Chucky the Cat to the Church of What's Happening Now. It's a wonderful thing to share stories with other people. New facets appear as the listener reflects back to the teller their fresh interpretation.
The very astute and open candor in our group is delicious and will often take a person past the place where they may be stuck to a whole new perspective where the FLOW is realized once again or is felt in a deeper way.
Everyone laughed at the antics that Chucky exhibited as I related how I chose to be open and appreciate what the sweet cat had to offer when I realized something even deeper. Chucky is an embodiment of the Presence and his actions metaphorically reminded me of a deep truth.
God will not be denied entry into my heart.
He will beat on the doors and meow on the mat until I realize that its time to stop what I'm doing and let him in. But more than just letting God in, it's important to engage with God. Any resistance is futile before that love. He invites me to play with Him; let Him make a nest in my hair and keep me up all night drunk on Bliss and I must answer that call.
Opportunities exist everywhere for me to acknowledge what's happening on this earthly plane, engage in this changing drama and own it; or I can choose to transcend these limitations and see beyond and through to the hummmmm that pervades the scene.
When I got up on Friday morning there was Chucky with a big cat smile on his face, green eyes full of light. He seemed proud of me for getting it and was content to merely be a cat again with a "my work here is finished" sort of attitude. I fed him some cat crunchies and he purred as I petted him farewell. We were parting ways but I wouldn't soon forget the gifts that came to me on padded paws.
The master showed up in the middle of the night wearing a cat suit.
Will I recognize Him next time? Each nuance of this manifest world is an expression of the divine. I pray that I will see with my heart into and through, recognizing That Which Is in all beings.

Bright Blessings,
Cassandra

3 comments:

  1. I love your church. I want to come join it! I wish more people would open their hearts to the animal experience ... and not just domestic ones. When we lived there, we put food outside around the property, turned the lights on outside and off inside, settled in a comfy spot and the watched "animal planet" come to life. Deer, skunk, squirrels, opposum, & wild turkey always showed up around Thanksgiving. They must have known we were vegetarian! Each and every critter was aware, had a personality and intelligence. I was so proud and priviledged to have been able to have that experience, as well as offer, at least for a short time, a sanctuary where these beautiful critters could wander in (with their families) find shelter and food. It was a place they could feel safe. That is a Utopia I will always carry with me. Thanks again for sharing your light dear sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mayrbear, I remember your Critter Cafe! What a wondrous time that was with all the magic and the Medicine Wheels!
    I wish you could be in the Church. It's amazing! You would love it so much. Maybe one day there will be a visit to the Green East Witch from the Golden Desert Witch and we will rock the Church!
    I love you, too.
    Don't worry I will keep posting. I'm driven by forces larger than myself.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Please remember their are actual humans with feelings on the other end...civility is required.