Saturday, June 5, 2010

Cracked Open

Cracked open
By the jaws of self-loathing and doubt,
This heart bleeds
The ichor of regret.
A rancid, acrid flow falls out of me
Flushed on a wave of bitter tears
Upon the altar of my surrender.
Where I lay
Facedown,
Naked before the Truth – and God;
Who touches me
Upon my furrowed brow and tastes the salt of my struggle.
Tears fall wetly on my clenched fist
Opening it like a dessert flower to assume a position of prayer.
Supplication.  Devotion.
Divine Grace radiates.
Traces cool fingers like salve
Over the broken bits, the shards, the rubble
Of my human frailty.
There is hope here.  A softness that I melt into
And breathe. 
No more the wracking sobs of agony and emptiness.
This is the breath of Peace.
I am loved.  I am Forgiven;
Do not cower before your potential, I hear.
Love all.  Be bold.
I must leave the dried up husk of that former self
On the altar of surrender.
It cannot carry me to where the magic is.
This heart is cracked open.
Grace pours in.
It sings;
Be Lived.

2 comments:

  1. <3 <3 <3 I love you. I love your honesty. I love your courage. I love your strength. I love you even when I struggle with you. You are truly Gurudev's child. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3<3<3 to you, too, Sweet Pea! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Please remember their are actual humans with feelings on the other end...civility is required.