Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mourning II


Would I ever really know
The layers of
Connectedness
The tendrils and pathways
Of intertwined consciousness
That we share
Until the grief of loss
Illumines them
Etched upon my soul?

Would I ever plunge
Into the depths of
Existence?
Unless to find the rend, the tear
where you
Slipped through
And left a hole
Taking some parts of me
Leaving a trail of your passing
For me to savor
To trace with familiar longing.

I ride the swells of grief
One moment riding high
On the breast of communal memory
The next, plunged alone into
A dark and pointless place
My compass askew
The magnet missing
My North – disappeared.

We walked this life hand in hand
Now my hands are still
And the journey carries on
With only one set of footsteps
It is more intense
More sharp without your camaraderie
I am super-sensitized to the scene
It cuts me deeply where I find not only
The pain of loneliness,
But that I am full
Of appreciation and gratitude
Of Love

The gift of what was given,
Can never be taken away;
I am altered completely;
Carved like a canyon
By the river of your being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. Please remember their are actual humans with feelings on the other end...civility is required.