Sunday, February 27, 2011

Week Eight Poem: Bad News - string of haiku

coffee in a cup
with cream and sugar, too. think
I’ll read the paper

headlines boldly state
bloody message black and white
turn to the crossword

empty boxes wait
for my wise and studied answers
to elusive clues

crosswords are easy
better than headline troubles
no solutions there

pour another cup
solve the problems that fit my
vocabulary

sigh and put away
the news, I’m profoundly sad
time for the dishes

wash, dry, put away
there’s solace in excelling
at these daily chores

domesticity
I rule this world; no headlines
of rebellion

2 comments:

  1. I love this poem, it's so real.
    Sending love
    Yolanta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Yola. We have been a bit overwhelmed lately with all that is going on. It feels good to write about it.

    Glad you dropped by for a visit! :)
    Hugs, Cass

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Please remember their are actual humans with feelings on the other end...civility is required.