Saturday, January 16, 2016

For Thor - 3 - Love


I’m not angry today, what a relief. That really sucked, yesterday. Today I feel a deep well of gratitude and love rising up in my heart. It must be you, sweetheart, wrapping me up in some big ass angel wings. I am really grateful for this because my heart is shattered and scattered. There are pieces of me all over the place.


The corporeal mom, the one that lives here on this planet -- living and breathing and suffering -- is churning through turbulent waters. The good news is that I have charted a course across this raging and unpredictable sea of grief. I am headed for a shore that promises to reconcile the disparate parts of me. That shore is Love.


The winds howl and the swells threaten to capsize my little vessel, but I will get there. Likely I’ll be a bit battered and will have tattered sails, but I will find that shore. That Love. I will find you.


The deepest part of me, the part that knows The Infinite, is really good. It is here that I feel you - connected to me, connected to all of us. It’s hard to stay here all the time because the other part of me is in so much pain and suffering.


For today, I am grateful to be smothered in wings of pure love that emanates from you and the love we share. A calm has descended over me to offer a respite from the intensity of this journey. I truly feel all the love and prayers and connections that have been awakened since you left our physical realm. It is astonishing and awesome to behold.


A heart, cracked open, can let love flow and shine so much more freely and brightly. It is the biggest gift of a tragic sacrifice like yours. It is a tough one to accept when I am split between grieving a mother’s loss and stepping into the work of the soul.  Since your physical death, I feel there is a challenge laid before us - to awaken and see our true reason for being here. It is simply to Love All. To live my life’s purpose here, I must be brave and recognize this heart-shattering gift. I must pick it up and accept it. Any mission or challenge that is so important that it required the life of my son to wake me up has my full fucking attention.


I wrote a poem several years ago that I reworked it a bit. I feel emboldened to find the way through this to where you ARE.


Vulnerable. Shattered. Willing. Here. Cracked open. I love you, Thor.


My heart is cracked open
In the jaws of your death,
This heart bleeds the ichor of a mother’s grief.
Anger and anguish are flushed away on a wave of sacred tears
I lay upon the altar of my surrender.
Face down and stripped bare before God;
Who touches me upon my furrowed brow
and knows the depth of my suffering.


My clenched fists slowly unfurl into praying hands
As a desert flower in opens in the rain
Divine Grace radiates into the hole in my heart
It is a cooling salve to smooth
the broken bits, the shards, the rubble
Of my human frailty.
There is hope here.  A softness that I melt into and breathe.


No wracking sobs of agony and emptiness.
This is the breath of Peace.
I am loved.  I am Forgiven;
I hear your voice encouraging me. Assuring me;
Do not cower before your potential.
Love all.  Be bold. I will help you.
I must leave the notion of separation behind
On the altar of surrender.
It cannot carry me to where you are.
This heart is cracked open.
Grace pours in.
It sings;
Be Lived!.

17 comments:

  1. I am in awe of how quickly you are opening to this place. "Your full fucking attention," indeed. Big hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  2. deeply moved in connection with you

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way you express so vividly and deeply what is going on in your heart is of immense value to all around you. What a great writer you are. You have the gift. Pushpa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing Cassandra, As a mother who hasn't endured your level of loss, I can only imagine your pain...may Thor's invisible hugs and signs of presence help you thru the days ahead..God bless

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing Cassandra, As a mother who hasn't endured your level of loss, I can only imagine your pain...may Thor's invisible hugs and signs of presence help you thru the days ahead..God bless

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cass, those that love you so are willing to swim the highest wave in order to help you keep your eyes on the shore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are SPOT ON Cassi ... LOVE is the key ... our mission is learning to accept and practice unconditional love ... So proud of you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It took me awhile to get the courage to read these. I'm glad I did. I've always felt it helps somehow to write as a way of releasing our feelings and emotions when we are overwhelmed. Your writing is so raw and powerful. Thor,George and I share a love for classic country music and this made me think of a line from one of my favorite artists. "Love is the greatest healer to be found". -Willie Nelson. Sending my love to you -Scotty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your deepest feelings. šŸ˜¢. You have touched me deeply. It is a relief to know that you have some relief, at times through the presence of Thor. šŸ’–šŸ’–šŸ’–
      Julianne-Jayadevi

      Delete
    2. Thank you for sharing your deepest feelings. šŸ˜¢. You have touched me deeply. It is a relief to know that you have some relief, at times through the presence of Thor. šŸ’–šŸ’–šŸ’–
      Julianne-Jayadevi

      Delete
    3. Thank you, Scotty.
      I love that Willie Nelson...he's a real poet, too. :)
      Glad you dropped by to read a bit. It certainly is intense, but good, too.
      I love you!
      xo

      Delete

Comments are welcome. Please remember their are actual humans with feelings on the other end...civility is required.